Wednesday 26 December 2012

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

This article descirbes my garage workshop at my old place. At my new place I have a basement workshop.
If man distinguishes himself from animal by the use of tools, then surely modern man distinguishes himself from early man by the use of power tools. And of course, the best place to use power tools is in one's workshop.Unfortunately, most housing is not set up to have a good workshop. A garage is a good place, but it's usually windowless. And besides, it's nice to be able to put one's car in there during the winter. Fortunately, my house came with a detached double garage, which is just barely big enough to be sectioned into two parts, one for the garage, the other for the workshop.I built a wall to divide the garage into roughly equal sized L shaped section. The front is the garage, with the left side being just deep enough to park a VW golf in, while the back and most of the right side is the workshop.I insulated the workshop walls and ceilings. In the winter, on those days that I use it, I heat it with two 1500 watt space heaters, which works reasonably well as long as it's not below -10c outside.

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

Photo Workshop

No comments:

Post a Comment