Wednesday 2 January 2013

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

An interesting thing happened when I started writing with the Aurora Ipsilon.  Almost any time I get a new pen, I usually go straight for my Levenger paper since I use that exclusively for my work notes and my daily planner.  When I started writing with the Ipsilon, I was shocked by how wide the lines were, which you can see from the writing samples above.  I felt almost as if I was writing with a crayon.  After a bit of writing with it, the width seemed to get a bit better,but was still a bit wider than Id have expected for an Extra Fine nib.
I decided to mix it up and try some different papers and different inks, so you can see the results above.  Basically I tried the pen on Levenger, Clairefontaine 90g, Black n’ Red, and Ecosystem recycled papers using Private Reserve, Noodlers, and J Herbin inks.  It seems that the Levenger with Private Reserve combo was probably the worst, and everything else was noticeably better.  I am considering sending the nib to get tuned so that it wont be so wet on Levenger paper, but I do really like how it writes on most of my other paper.If you are looking for a nice fountain pen, I think the Aurora Ipsilon is a great option at the under $100 price point, and as I Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

Fountain Pen

No comments:

Post a Comment